It’s that time of year again – time to make your New Year’s resolutions for 2021. 2020 was a difficult year for everyone, so you want to make sure you get off to the right foot this year. You may have thought about your personal resolutions, but what about resolutions for your business?
To kick off 2021, we’ve come up with 5 resolutions you can use to improve your marketing efforts while incorporating video:
1. “I want to make more videos” (obviously)
We’ve hammered home this point several times in our previous blogs, but if you’re not already including video in your marketing strategy, you need to start doing so! Video is the direction that online media and the Internet has been going in recent years. According to a report by Cisco, by 2022, video content will make up 82% of internet traffic.
By including video in your marketing, you can evoke trust and emotion in your audience, drive action, improve your search rankings, catch the consumer’s eye, create authentic customer testimonials, and more. Learn more about the benefits of video marketing here.
2. “I want to increase conversion rates on my landing page”
Conversion rate can be a difficult metric to increase, whether it’s buying your product or service, subscribing to your email newsletter, or downloading a free trial. That’s where video comes in! According to a report by Eye View Digital, if you include video on your landing page, conversion rates can go up by as much as 80%.
Here are some types of videos you can include on your site to drive conversions:
- Case studies/testimonials: 88% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations. Have your customers or clients share glowing testimonials of your business in a video where you can see their face and emotions. This comes across as authentic and genuine rather than scripted or directed, which can lead the viewer to trust your business and decide to purchase, as if it was a referral from their friend or relative.
- Product demos: Product demo videos are extremely powerful tools for driving customers to make a purchase, because they show the product in action and educate potential buyers on product features, functions and benefits. A survey conducted by Animoto found that 73% of adults are more likely to purchase after watching an online video that explains the product or service.
- Corporate/brand/storytelling videos: A well-shot video that tells your brand story can familiarize your prospects with your business’ core values and visions. If your prospects emotionally align with your values, they may be intrigued to learn more about your company and enter your sales funnel. These videos also humanize your brand by showing your company culture, background, and the personality of your employees.
- Vlogs: Are you currently sharing written blog content on your website? Try creating weekly or monthly vlogs (video-based blogs) that discuss various relevant topics to develop a regular audience and deliver your content in a more visual and unique way.
Learn more about other metrics you can use to measure the success of your video(s) here.
3. “I want to start broadcasting more live videos”
With a decrease in social events and an increase in doing everything from home, the popularity of live videos has increased exponentially in 2020 and will continue growing in 2021. According to Go-Global, live streaming was expected to account for 82% of all internet traffic by the end of last year. The best part of live videos is that you don’t require too much to create them – all you need is a small room, a camera, a good internet connection, and a host.
How can you include live video in your marketing strategy?
- Behind-the-scenes: BTS videos are helpful to humanize your brand. They allow your audience to see what your team is doing in real time, so if you have an office birthday, corporate video shoot, or a team-building day, make sure that you have a (phone) camera in hand!
- Tutorials and reviews: Potential customers LOVE seeing products in action. This helps them clear out any doubts that they might have and ensures that this item will work for them. If you’re filming a live tutorial, we also recommend that you include a flash offer, which will make viewers act on their emotions right away.
- Live Q&A’s: Just like tutorials and reviews, a live Q&A session will help dissipate any doubts that your viewers might have. It also allows you to receive feedback in real time – your audience’s reactions and comments are key indicators to determine interests, needs, and questions. This also helps you discover new content that may be transmitted in a later live event.
Learn more about how to use live streaming video for your business here.
4. “I want to explore new mediums and formats for video”
2020 saw the rise of Tik Tok and Instagram Reels-style videos – short videos with music, text, and fun and fast energy. This style of video is yet to be adopted mainstream by businesses, so now is your chance to get ahead of the competition and stand out in the crowd.
Vertical video has boomed in recent years, with the introduction of IGTV and Reels, and explosive popularity of Tik Tok. Make it a goal to start diversifying your video formats and optimizing them per platform. Your videos should be vertical for Instagram stories, IGTV, Snapchat and Tik Tok. YouTube also accommodates vertical video now, so play around with that too. Include shoppable links in your videos (if the platform permits) to drive viewers to act on your product or service.
5. “I want to experiment with animated video”
If you want to transmit a complex message in a simple way, try an animated video! This video format can help convert hard concepts into clear ideas while keeping your audience entertained.
Animated videos tend to capture your audience’s attention better. This allows the viewers to get to know your brand more and convince them to take an action, which will result in more conversions.
If you choose to create an animated video, keep in mind that your branding needs to be all over it as well. You may add logos, corporate colours, and elements in the video that remind viewers of your brand.
Now that you’ve come up with your list of New Year’s resolutions, it’s time to put them to action! Jillian Irene Lee & Associates is ready to help you get started with creating stunning videos that tell your brand story in an impactful and memorable way. Ready to make 2021 the best year ever for your business? Let’s Talk.