Have you ever been walking around a store and noticed that someone is watching a product review video? Have you searched up “x product / service + honest review” on YouTube before hitting the “complete purchase” button? Video reviews have come to shake up your potential customer’s decision-making process. These videos influence viewers so much that shoppers will watch them multiple times to ensure that they are purchasing the right item to satisfy their needs. Learn how video reviews can affect your customer’s decision-making process and what you can do to secure that they always pick your brand over the competition.
Your Customer’s Decision — What Does That Mean?
Just like its name suggests, the customer’s decision-making process encompasses all the actions that your potential buyers do before purchasing your product or service. They will consume as much information as possible and compare your product with similar versions produced by other brands. If your product is approved by other customers with the same concerns, it may be the one that will suit their needs. Consumers don’t just want to read about your brand – They want to see your products and services in action before investing in them.
Where There Are Doubts, There Are Video Reviews
Video reviews help your audience gain knowledge about your products and services while feeling confident in their decision to buy from your brand. This knowledge helps them gain trust in your brand. When your customer understands the features of your product, they can better assess that it will meet their requirements. After watching review videos of your brand, your potential customers can go inside a store or shop online with the confidence that they know exactly what they want. By doing the research beforehand they will avoid feeling overwhelmed by multiple options. Being overwhelmed can result in no decision being made and you want them to be educated to choose you.
Let’s Talk (Numbers)
According to Wyzowl’s recent survey, this is what you need to know about video reviews:
- 73% of the most commonly created types of videos are explainer/ review videos.
- 94% of video marketers say video has helped increase user understanding of their product or service.
- 43% of video marketers say video has reduced the number of customer support calls they’ve received.
- 98% of people have watched an explainer/ review video to learn more about a product or service.
- 84% of people say that they’ve been convinced to buy a product or service by watching a brand’s video.
How Can You Make Potential Customers Pick YOUR Brand?
It’s common to think that video reviews are solely created by your customers, but that’s not entirely true. Let’s focus now on video reviews that you (or we!) can create for your brand. Since video reviews help convince your potential buyers to purchase your brand, you need to include them in your online communications as well! You can include them in your social content for a casual feel, or add a complimentary review/explanatory video in your brand’s website to provide extra information for your information-searching customers.
- Determine your audience’s pain points: What obstacles are they facing? How can your product or service solve this? Tap into your potential clients’ struggles and then show them visually how your product or service can solve their situation.
- Place yourself above the competition: Is your product/ service better? Don’t be scared to talk about it! Be open to discuss and compare your products against your competitors. We’re not saying that you should openly attack them but use their weak points to showcase your brand’s strengths.
- Make purchasing options available in your video: Adding a call to action is fundamental to ensure that your potential customers have easy access to buy from your brand while/ after they watch the review. Add links and buttons wherever you can to prompt your audience to follow through with the purchase.
- Client retention: To provide added value, include troubleshoot and application videos that will help your customers get the best out of the brand after they purchase. Are you selling a kitchen gadget? Create easy tutorials or recipes!
- Use ALL available channels: As we mentioned before, you need to establish what are the best places to include your reviews and demos so that your clients can find them easily or stumble upon them during their search. Consider promoting your video to reach an even bigger audience.
Whether created by your customers or by your own brand, video reviews are the perfect opportunity for your business to differentiate from your competitors. These reviews show people the uses, applications, and troubleshooting solutions for your product and provide them with knowledge on the go. This, in turn, generates a trust relationship between your clients and your brand.
At Jillian Irene Lee & Associates, we can create video reviews for your brand that will inform potential customers about your products and services while making them feel confident about their decision. Ready to start selling with video reviews? Let’s talk.